Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tough stuff from Beth Moore



Being a minister's wife isn't always easy. Don't get me wrong, it's such a blessing to be in this role. It's humbling, yet overwhelming. I think the hardest thing for me is dealing with people criticising my husband. Well, Beth (really more God than Beth!) had something to say about that today. I think we can all apply these things to our lives.

She quoted Francis Frangipane who said:
To inoculate me from the praise of man,
He baptized me in the criticism of man,
until I died to the control of man.
Such a nice reminder that we're not here to please man, but to please God. This changed my whole perpective. Rather than look at criticism as an attack on my family, I will look at it as a lesson from God. And everytime it hits me wrong, it will be a reminder that I've got a long way to go in this area.



No comments:

Post a Comment